Cream Cheese Brownie Pie
This rich brownie pie has a ribbon of cheesecake running through the center and is topped with a decorative drizzle of creamy, hot fudge sauce.
Pastry for one crust 9-inch pie
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 (15.1-ounce) package brownie mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup bottled hot fudge sauce
- Prepare pastry shell. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 of the eggs; beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water and remaining 2 eggs; mixing well.
- Spread 1/2 cup brownie mixture in bottom of crust-lined pan. Spoon and carefully spread cream cheese mixture over brownie layer. Top with remaining brownie mixture; spread evenly. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is puffed and crust is golden brown. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. (Pie may have cracks on surface.)
- Heat hot fudge sauce in microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Drizzle fudge over top of pie. Cool 3 hours or until completely cooled. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 8 servings.