Gingersnap Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Impress your family and friends with this delicious pumpkin chiffon pie complimented with a gingersnap cookie crust.
1 3/4 cups finely ground gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 40, 2-inch cookies)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
2 envelopes (7 grams each) unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup very hot water
2/3 cup (5 ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 (30-ounce) can LIBBY'S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
1 (3.4-ounce) box vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- For Crust: Combine crumbs and sugar in medium bowl. Stir in butter. Reserve 1/3 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Filling: Place gelatin in small saucepan. Pour water over gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring often, until gelatin is dissolved. Add evaporated milk; heat, stirring frequently, until just hot (not boiling). Remove from heat.
- Beat pumpkin pie mix, pudding mix, evaporated milk & gelatin mixture and pumpkin pie spice in large mixer bowl on high speed for 3 minutes. Carefully fold in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into crumb crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to cut.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.