Lemon Blueberry Cheese Tart
Recipe courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council.
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust, thawed
8 ounces mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons lemon curd* - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Press the pie crust into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom, or leave in the original aluminum pie tin. With the tines of a fork, pierce the bottom and sides. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes; refrigerate until cool, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together cheese and 3 tablespoons of the lemon curd until smooth. (If mixture is too thick to spread, stir in a small amount of milk.) Spread mixture in the bottom of the cooled tart shell.
- In a medium size bowl, gently stir the blueberries and the remaining lemon curd until thoroughly combined. Spoon the blueberries evenly over the mascarpone layer.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- To Serve: Remove the sides of the tart pan if used; cut into wedges.
Makes 8 servings.
*Lemon curd can be found in the jam and jelly section of the supermarket
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 262; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 40mg; Total Carbs: 19g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 196mg; Potassium: 59mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council. Used with permission.