Lemon Delight Chess Pie
Recipe courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.
1 prepared pastry for a (9-inch) pie plate or frozen, defrosted pie shell
6 tablespoons butter
1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons corn meal
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Unfold pie pastry and gently ease into pie plate. Flute pastry around edge of pie plate.
- In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Add cornmeal, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Beat until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into pie shell, and bake in a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F (175°C), and continue baking until knife inserted in center comes out clean, or about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack at room temperature for no more than 2 hours, then refrigerate.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers in covered container.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 456; Total Fat: 21g; Cholesterol: 147mg; Total Carbs: 62g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 276mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.