Tart and tangy, this lemon pie whips up in no time. Garnish with lemon slices, lemon peel and mint before serving.
1 1/2 cups BIMBO Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 drops yellow liquid food coloring
1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Lemon slices, lemon peel and fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- For Crust: Combine bread crumbs, butter and sugar in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up side of prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Filling: Beat sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon peel and food coloring in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Stir in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into warm crust.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Cool completely at room temperature; refrigerate. Garnish with lemon slices, lemon peel and mint before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.