Libby's® Pumpkin Almond Pie
The almonds on the crust and on top of this traditional pumpkin pie provide a pleasant crunchy texture in contrast to the smoothness of the pumpkin filling.
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, finely chopped
1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Sprinkle 1/4 cup almonds over bottom of crust; press into crust.
- For Pumpkin Layer: Combine pumpkin, sugar, egg and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Spread over bottom of pie shell.
- For Almond Layer: Combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter and almond extract in medium bowl; stir in almonds. Spoon over pumpkin layer.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 450 Fat: 20 g Cholesterol: 90 mg Sodium: 230 mg Carbohydrates: 64 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Protein: 7 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.