Luscious Fudge Pie
Rich, gooey and chocolaty, this quick and simple brownie pie is a chocolate lover's dream dessert.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
Dash kosher or sea salt
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
2 large eggs, beaten well
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lightly sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for accompaniment (optional)
Chocolate syrup for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Generously grease an 8-inch* pie pan; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking cocoa and salt; mixing well.
- In another small bowl, combine the melted butter (cooled to room temperature), beaten eggs and vanilla. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well by hand.
- Spoon batter into prepared pie plate and bake for 20 minutes, do not over bake, a wooden pick inserted in center should come out with a few moist crumbs attached. Cool on wire rack at room temperature until slightly warm before serving.
- Serve warm wedges of pie with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Makes 8 servings.
*Pie can be baked in a 9-inch pie pan, reduce the cooking time to about 18 minutes, do not over bake, a wooden pick inserted in center should come out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- It is best not to bake this pie in dark bakeware as it can bake too quickly, resulting in a burned edge.
- Reheat individual servings of leftover pie for about 10 seconds on HIGH in microwave to soften and regain the desirable gooey-chocolaty texture.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe; without accompaniments): 241.9 calories; 47% calories from fat; 13.3g total fat; 83.4mg cholesterol; 100.2mg sodium; 87.3mg potassium; 30.3g carbohydrates; 1.5g fiber; 25.2g sugar; 28.9g net carbs; 2.9g protein.