Malted Ice Cream Pie with Waffle Cone Crust
This easy ice cream pie has a rich crushed waffle cone and honey crust and a delicious and easy to make filling. A great dessert choice for a special summer party.
1 1/2 to 2 cups finely crushed or ground waffle or sugar cones*
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (1.5-quart) container Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream
1 1/4 cups OVALTINE Classic Malt Mix** - divided use
2 tablespoons low-fat milk
1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed (optional)
Chopped malt balls (optional)
- For Crust: Combine crushed cones, honey and butter in large bowl; stir until evenly coated. Pour into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Press mixture onto bottom and up side of plate. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- For Filling: Remove ice cream from freezer to soften for several minutes. Place ice cream and 1 cup Ovaltine in large mixer bowl; beat until combined. Spoon into prepared crust. Place in freezer while making topping.
- For Topping: Combine milk and remaining 1/4 cup Ovaltine in large bowl; stir in whipped topping. Spoon over pie. Freeze for 5 hours or until firm.
- Sprinkle with chopped malt balls, if desired.
- To serve, cut into wedges (crust will be crumbly but oh so good!).
Makes 8 servings.
*About 12 cones total.
**OVALTINE Chocolate Malt, OVALTINE Rich Chocolate and NESTLÉ NESQUIK Chocolate Flavor Powder taste great in the pie, too. We tested them all!
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.