Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Even those who don't care much for pumpkin pie with love this pumpkin ice cream pie. One of the great things about this pie is that it can be made days ahead—with no worry about the pie going stale!
1 (9-inch) baked pie crust*
3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Prepare pie crust; set aside to cool.
- For Filling: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 3/4 cup pumpkin 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cool.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until smooth 1 quart ice cream. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans and the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into baked pie shell and freeze until firm.
- For Garnish: Whip cream to stiff peaks with 2 tablespoon powdered sugar. Dollop whipped cream on individual servings of pie.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.