Pumpkin Mousse Ice Cream Pie
The crust is the only part of this elegant dessert ensemble which is baked. Luscious filling made from a mixture of ice cream and pumpkin is chilled with a whipped cream topping.
1 1/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 28)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12.25-ounce) jar caramel or butterscotch sauce
1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Crust: Combine crushed cookies, butter and sugar in small bowl. Press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely. Spread ice cream over gingersnap crust. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- For Filling: Combine pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Beat whipping cream and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon over ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Serve with Pumpkin Topping.
- For Topping: Combine caramel or butterscotch sauce, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.