Pumpkin Silk Pie
This scrumptious, no-bake pumpkin pie is as smooth as silk.
1 (9-inch) baked pastry* or graham cracker pie crust
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin purée
1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping (thawed)
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted** (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and ginger on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- By hand, gently fold in whipped topping.
- Spread filling into a prepared and cooled crust.
- Top with pecans, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or as long as overnight.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.
**To toast nuts, place in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.