Pumpkin Toffee Pie
Milk chocolate-covered toffee bits are topped with a rich pumpkin filling in a flaky pastry crust.
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
3/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee-flavored bits
Pastry dough for (9-inch) single crust pie*
Sweetened whipped cream or non-dairy topping for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs, milk and cream until well blended.
- Sprinkle toffee-flavored bits evenly onto bottom of pastry shell. Top with pumpkin mixture.
- Bake 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To serve, top each slice with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe without topping): Calories 417; Fat 20g; Cholesterol 97; Protein 6g; Saturated Fat 8g; Trans Fat 0g; Sodium 366mg; Carbohydrates 54g; Sugar 44g; Iron 0%; Fiber 0%; Calcium 0%.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.