Raspberry Cheese Pie
A cloud-like raspberry topping is spooned over a sweetened cheesecake base for this creamy dessert.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust*
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Filling: Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and beat using an electric mixer set at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add sugar and eggs; blend well. Pour into an unbaked pie shell. Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- For Topping: Drain raspberries, reserving juice. Add enough water to the juice to make 1 cup.
- Blend cornstarch and juice together in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook for 1 minute more or until very thick. Remove from heat and stir in raspberries; cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl whip cream to soft peaks and fold into raspberry mixture. Pour over chilled cream cheese layer and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.