Rhubarb Cream Pie 1
This old fashioned, double-crusted rhubarb custard pie is sure to please.
Pastry for 1 (9-inch) double-crust pie*
3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar, as desired
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1-inch slices
2 tablespoons butter
Milk to brush on crust
Sugar for sprinkling
- Prepare pastry. Chill half the dough; line a 9-inch pie plate with remaining dough; chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine sugar, flour, and nutmeg; beat into eggs, fold in rhubarb. Turn into prepared pastry. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry dough and cut into strips for lattice top. Top pie with pastry strips and flute.
- Brush crust with a little milk and sprinkle with a little sugar for sparkle.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.