Rhubarb Cream Pie 2
Old fashioned, lattice-topped rhubarb custard pie just like grandma's.
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 large eggs
4 cups sliced rhubarb
2 tablespoons butter
Pastry for 1 (9-inch) double-crust pie*
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a mixing bowl blend sugar, flour and nutmeg. Beat in eggs.
- Fill an unbaked pie shell with rhubarb slices, dot with butter and pour in egg mixture.
- Top with a lattice crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.