Rich Pecan Pie
Rich pecan pie made with naturally pure maple syrup instead of the typically used corn syrup.
1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups pecans
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, butter, and sugar. Bring to boil; boil gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Place pecans in unbaked pie shell.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, and salt. Slowly stir in syrup mixture; pour into pie shell over pecans.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool completely before slicing.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.