Ricotta Tart with Kiwi Raspberry Sauce
An easy nut and coconut crumb crust is pressed into a tart pan, baked, spread with a zesty, lime-scented ricotta cheese mixture and garnished with slices of kiwifruit and a drizzle of red raspberry sauce.
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans or macadamia nuts
2 cups (16 ounces) ricotta cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
Drizzle and Garnish:
1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries
1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the coconut and nuts. Press into a 10-inch tart pan or pie plate.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For Filling: Combine the cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and zest; process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Spoon into the crust. Chill one hour.
- For Drizzle and Garnish: Before serving, thaw the raspberries; process in a blender to a sauce consistency.
- Slice and arrange the kiwi in a circle around the top of the tart.
- Drizzle with half of the raspberry sauce. Serve with the remaining sauce.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.