Simply Elegant Chocolate Mousse Tart
Silky-smooth perfection. Made with a rich chocolate cookie crust and filled with a delicate chocolate mousse, this tart is sure to please.
1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 16 cookies)
1/3 cup butter, melted
8 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into small pieces
2 cups heavy whipping cream - divided use
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Combine crushed cookies and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Microwave chocolate and 1 cup cream in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream and powdered sugar in chilled medium mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture until blended. Spoon into prepared crust; smooth top.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Tip: For a more sophisticated flavor, add two tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur into chocolate mixture before spooning into crust. Tart slices can also be garnished with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.