This refreshing fruited cream cheese pie has a savory, triple cheese crust.
1/4 cup (1 ounce) Wisconsin Medium Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 pound cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cream
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup strawberries, sliced
Whipped Cream Topping:
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberries for garnish
- For Crust: Combine dry ingredients. Pour in melted butter; knead for 2 to 5 minutes, or until dough is workable.
- Press dough into a 9-inch metal pie pan. Flute top edge and prick bottom of crust with fork. (Another 9-inch pie pan may be placed on crust for the first half of baking, to minimize shrinkage. Remove pan to allow browning.)
- Bake in oven at 400°F (205°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is light brown.
- For Filling: Blend cream cheese and sugar on medium speed of mixture until smooth and creamy. On low speed, gradually add cream, pineapple juice and vanilla. Continue mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in strawberries. Spread mixture evenly into the prepared pie shell. Chill.
- For Topping: Whip cream until soft peaks are formed. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff.
- Top pie with whipped cream. Garnish with strawberries and serve promptly.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.