Strawberry Lime Pie
A light and fluffy, lime and strawberry gelatin mousse in a pastry crust.
1 (9-inch) baked pie crust*
1 (6-ounce) can frozen concentrated limeade, undiluted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cold water
1 (0.25-ounce) package unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
1 cup strawberries, crushed
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
A few drops green food coloring (optional)
- Prepare crust; set aside to cool.
- For Filling: Combine frozen concentrated limeade (undiluted), sugar, and cold water in small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/2 cup water and add to saucepan. Mix well. Chill until syrupy then stir in grated lime peel and crushed strawberries.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks and fold in, blending well. Stir in green food coloring. Chill briefly, then spoon into baked pie crust.
- Chill for 2 to 3 hours, or until firm.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.