Grilled Tequila Steak Pizza
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup tequila
1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
2 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (about 8 ounces each)
1 cup cooked fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 medium whole wheat or flour tortillas (about 8-inches in diameter)
1 cup shredded Chihuahua cheese or Mexican cheese blend
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes or up to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine corn, tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, salt and reserved 2 tablespoons marinade in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F | 162.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks; keep warm. Place tortillas on grid. Grill, covered, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Turn tortillas over; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Grill 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and cheese starts to melt.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Top tortillas with equal amounts of beef and corn mixture. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 (2 slice) servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 492; Total Fat: 23g; Saturated Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Total Carbs: 33g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 33g; Sodium: 726mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.