Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Golden sautéed onions, sliced mushrooms tossed in olive oil, thinly sliced deli roast beef and mozzarella cheese top a ready-to-use pizza shell.
6 ounces sliced onions
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
1 (12-inch) uncooked pizza shell
6 ounces thinly sliced deli mozzarella cheese
4 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut in 1-inch squares
Mild or hot pickled peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Toss sliced white mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and sauté onions until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Spread sautéed onions over bottom of pizza shell. Layer cheese, beef and reserved mushrooms over onions.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for about 12 minutes until crust browns and cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped pepper. Cut into 8 slices.
Makes 8 servings.
Credit: Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture/Eastern Mushroom Marketing Cooperative, Inc.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Mushroom Council.