Southwest Meat and Chili Pizza
Recipe courtesy of the Texas Beef Council.
1 pound lean ground beef
Salt, to taste
1 (16-ounce) package pre-baked thick pizza crust (12-inches)
1 1/4 cups prepared thick and chunky salsa
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded cheddar cheese
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, well drained
2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup thin red onion slivers
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In large nonstick skillet, brown ground meat over medium heat or until outside surface is no longer pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Season with salt.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread salsa over crust; sprinkle with half of cheese. Top with meat, chilies, tomatoes, onion and remaining cheese.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until toppings are hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Texas Beef Council.