Baked Ham with Maple-Mustard Sauce
Glazed ham served with a simple, yet tasty maple-mustard sauce.
1 (8-pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
1 cup whole-grain Dijon mustard
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Ham: Score top of ham into diamonds and stud center of each diamond with a clove. On a rack in a roasting pan bake ham in middle of oven 1 1/2 hours.
- In a bowl combine, mustard, brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Remove pan from oven. Spread mustard mixture over top and sides of ham. Return to oven and continue to bake until mustard coating is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer ham to a platter. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with maple mustard sauce on the side.
- For Maple-Mustard Sauce: Stir together mustard and syrup until combined well. Makes 3/4 cup.
Makes 8 servings.
Tip: Sauce can be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Recipe adapted from Gourmet Magazine.