Recipe courtesy of Darla Shine, author of Happy Housewives. What could be simpler than three ingredients?
3 racks baby back pork ribs
2 to 3 liters cola carbonated beverage, (Coca-Cola, do not use diet)
1 1/4 cups barbecue sauce, favorite purchased
- Place rib racks, bone sides down, in large, dep roasting pan. Pour Coca-Cola into large pot to just cover ribs. Bring mixture to a boil. Once the mixture reaches a boil, lower the heat to medium and cook for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (70°C).
- Meanwhile, prepare a medium-hot fire in grill.
- Remove pork from cola mixture; discard cola in roasting pan.
- Pat cola from ribs using paper towels. Brush both sides of ribs with 1 cup barbeque sauce.
- Grill ribs, uncovered, over direct heat for 10 to 16 minutes or until heat through and sauce begins to caramelize, turning ribs over halfway during grilling.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 to10 minutes.
- To serve, cut rib racks into serving-size portions; lightly brush with remaining 1/4 cup sauce.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 330 calories; Protein: 15 grams; Fat: 16 grams; Sodium: 490 milligrams; Cholesterol: 75 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 8 grams; Carbohydrates: 32 grams.
Recipe developed by Darla Shine, author of Happy Housewives; Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.