Breaded Pork Chops
A bit of breading goes a long way with these pork chops. By browning them before baking, the juices are sealed in and the crust is kept crisp.
1 cup crushed saltine crackers
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 pounds pork chops
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine crackers, garlic salt, and onion salt.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk. Dip pork chops into egg mixture then dredge in cracker mixture, coating evenly.
- Fry pork chops in oil on medium heat until browned on both sides, turning once, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Place chops on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes to cook thoroughly. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.