You will love the juicy, sweet flavor that these ribs deliver.
6 pounds pork spareribs
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut spareribs into serving-size portions.
- Place large plastic bag in large bowl. In bag, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add ribs, close bag tightly. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight; turn bag several times to distribute marinade.
- Drain ribs, reserving marinade. Place ribs in shallow roasting pan; cover with foil and bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and brush ribs with the reserved marinade. Discard leftover marinade.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or till done.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 900 calories Protein 63 grams Fat 65 grams Sodium 550 milligrams Cholesterol 260 milligrams Saturated Fat 24 grams Carbohydrates 11 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.