Meaty, roasted country-style pork ribs basted in a chili-spiced barbecue sauce until the meat is practically falling off the bone.
4 pounds pork spareribs
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/4 cups tomato ketchup
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Rub pork spareribs with garlic salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar, chili sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside 1/2 cup of the sauce for serving.
- Arrange ribs, bone-side down in a shallow roasting pan with a rack; baste with the sauce.
- Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, turning and basting with the sauce every 30 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sauce and plenty of napkins.
Makes 6 servings.