Curried Mango Pork Chops
These sautéed pork chops, with a curried pan sauce, make a quick weeknight dinner. Serve with hot cooked rice, buttered broccoli spears and warm flour tortillas.
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 sliced green onions
1/4 cup raisins
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 fresh mango, peeled, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- Season chops with curry powder and seasoned salt.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides, turning once, for a total of 7 to 8 minutes. Remove chops from pan, reserve.
- In small bowl stir cornstarch well into chicken broth.
- Add onions, raisins, and chicken broth mixture into skillet; cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Return chops to pan; heat through.
- Serve chops garnished with mango and coconut.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 260 calories Protein 24 grams Fat 9 grams Sodium 140 milligrams Cholesterol 60 milligrams Saturated Fat 3 grams Carbohydrates 20 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.