Devilish Pork Cutlets
A simple but elegant dinner. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and buttered green beans.
1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 6 equal pieces
1/2 cup all-purpose flour, seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons green peppercorns
- Place each loin slice between two pieces of plastic wrap, flatten to 1/8-inch thickness. Dredge cutlets in seasoned flour.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown cutlets quickly, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add vinegar and broth to skillet, bring to boil and stir until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Lower heat, stir in sour cream and mustard and whisk until smooth. Add peppercorns, simmer and stir gently until sauce thickenes slightly.
- Pour sauce over cutlets. Garnish with sweet gherkins, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 252 calories Protein 21 grams Fat 14 grams Sodium 448 milligrams Cholesterol 71 milligrams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.