Fettuccine Alfredo with Ham and Peas
Fettuccine tossed in creamy Alfredo sauce with ham, peas, mushrooms and green onions. A great recipe for using leftover holiday ham.
1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine
5 tablespoons butter
6 green onions, chopped
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
4 ounces chopped cooked ham
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped green onions and saute until soft. Add sliced mushrooms, increase the heat to high and cook until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add cream and cook for two minutes, stirring.
- Stir in frozen peas and cook about 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to low; blend in chopped ham, grated Parmesan cheese, and the cooked fettuccine; toss until evenly heated. Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings.