Fiesta Pork Chop Casserole
Athena Workman-Jernigan of Nashville won first place at the Tennessee State Fair with this southwestern inspired casserole.
4 boneless pork sirloin chops, (1/2-inch thick) about 1 1/4-pounds
2 1/2 cups frozen roasted potatoes, (original salt and pepper seasoned) (about 1/2 of a 20-ounce bag)
3/4 cup Monterey Jack Con Queso, or Mexican white cheese dip (about 1/2 of a 15 1/4-ounce jar)
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained (mild or original Ro-Tel®)
4 flour tortillas, warmed
1 lime, cut into wedges
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spray 13x9x2-inch shallow casserole dish lightly with cooking spray. Place pork chops in bottom; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together potatoes and cheese dip. Spoon potato-cheese mixture around the edge of the pork chops.
- Pour tomato mixture on top of pork chops.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160°F (70°C).
- Serve with additional Con Queso and warmed flour tortillas. Garnish with lime wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 recipe): Calories: 471 calories; Protein: 36 grams; Fat: 16 grams; Sodium: 1189 milligrams; Cholesterol: 89 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 4 grams; Carbohydrates: 43 grams; Fiber: 3 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.