Florentine Pork in French Bread Boats
A light dinner or weekend lunch. Serve with pasta salad and fresh fruit.
2 pork tenderloins, about 12 ounces each
1/3 cup Italian dressing
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
3 (6-inch) pieces French bread, split lengthwise in half
6 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut pork into slices 1/4-inch thick. Place pork in plastic bag; add dressing, turning to coat. Tie bag securely and marinate at least 15 minutes (no longer than 1 1/2 hours).
- Remove pork from marinade.
- Brown pork in oil in nonstick skillet; pour off drippings. Add tomatoes and spinach. Cover tightly and cook over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Pour off liquid.
- Meanwhile remove soft centers from bread to form "boats".
- Spoon 1 cup pork mixture into each boat. Sprinkle each with equal amount of cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.