Grecian Grilled Chops
Grilled pork chops bathed in a Mediterranean marinade are served with a refreshing cucumber-and-yogurt raita. Add crusty bread, couscous and asparagus spears for a complete dinner.
4 boneless center pork loin chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup plain low fat yogurt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 thinly sliced cucumber
2 tablespoon sliced green onion
- In large self-sealing bag, combine olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary and garlic; add chops, seal bag and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together yogurt, oregano, garlic salt, pepper, cucumber and onion; cover and refrigerate to let flavors blend.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill.
- Remove chops from marinade, discarding remaining marinade, and grill chops for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Spoon some sauce over grilled chops to serve, and serve remaining sauce on side.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 430 calories Protein 42 grams Fat 25 grams Sodium 240 milligrams Cholesterol 115 milligrams Saturated Fat 6 grams Carbohydrates 7 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.