Grilled Peppered Ham Steak with Peach Glaze
An easy peach glaze tops these quick-to-grill, cracked black peppered ham steaks.
1/2 cup peach preserves
2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
2 (8 to 10-ounce) boneless ham steaks (about 1/2 inch thick)
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Combine preserves, ginger, lime juice, mustard and lime peel in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until preserves melt.
- Sprinkle both sides of ham with pepper; press lightly so that pepper adheres. Brush ham with some of peach glaze.
- Grill ham until heated through, lightly browned and beginning to crisp at edges, brushing occasionally with glaze, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to serving plate, cut ham steaks in half and brush with any remaining glaze and serve.
Makes 4 servings.