Grilled Adobo Pork with Mango Olive Salsa
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
2 (1 pound) pork tenderloins
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, puréed
2 tablespoon chopped oregano
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups (10 ounces) diced mango
1 cup sliced olives
2/3 cup diced red onion
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons minced jalapeño peppers
- Place tenderloins in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine orange juice, chipotle in adobo, oregano, garlic, cumin and salt in a large mixing bowl. Pour over tenderloins and cover. Refrigerate and set a side to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Combine mangoes, olives, red onion, lime juice and jalapeños. Season with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Grill marinated pork over medium-high heat for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked to desired temperature, turning every 3 to 5 minutes to brown sides evenly.
- Transfer cooked tenderloins to a clean cutting board, allow to rest for 5 minutes, then slice into 1/4-inch pieces. To serve, top sliced pork with mango olive salsa.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.