Grilled Chimichurri Pork Roast
This grill recipe is great. Prepare the day before and simply close the cover and let the grill do all the work with no fussing, leaving you time to spend with family and friends. Serve with grill-roasted corn on the cob and freshly made lemonade.
3-pound boneless pork roast
1 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped onion
6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Lemon slices, for garnish
Lime slices, for garnish
- Place pork roast in self-sealing plastic bag.
- In food processor, place parsley, onion and garlic and pulse until minced. Add remaining ingredients, except garnish, and process to blend. Coat pork in plastic bag with this mixture. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill.
- Remove pork from marinade (discard marinade) and place pork roast over drip pan on grill over indirect heat. Close grill cover and cook until internal temperature (measured with a meat thermometer) reads 155°F (approximately 65°C), about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with lemon and lime slices.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories 170 calories Protein 25 grams Fat 7 grams Sodium 100 milligrams Cholesterol 60 milligrams Saturated Fat 2 grams Carbohydrates 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.