Grilled Pork Roast with Pepper Jelly Glaze
This savory roast will taste like you spent hours in the kitchen. For an elegant dinner atmosphere, serve this with dry Riesling or Sauvignon blanc wine.
2 pound pork loin roast
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
1/3 cup hot pepper jelly
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Place pork in large self-sealing plastic bag.
- Heat marinade ingredients together until jelly melts; pour over pork in bag. Seal bag, refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade (discarding remaining marinade).
- Place pork roast on medium-hot grill over drip pan, close grill hood. Grill pork for about 1 1/4 hours, until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 150°F (65°C).
- Stir together glaze ingredients; coat roast with jelly glaze. Grill for 10 minutes more, bringing roast to an internal temperature of 160°F (70°C).
- Let roast rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing to serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 280 calories Protein 24 grams Fat 8 grams Sodium 65 milligrams Cholesterol 70 milligrams Saturated Fat 3 grams Carbohydrates 26 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.