Just Peachy Peanutty Pork
Most people adore anything with peanut butter and this pork dish blends that favorite ingredient with the sweetness of peach jam.
6 boneless chops (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed, cut into 4x1x1-inch strips
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup peach jam
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Spray a 15x10x1inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small saucepan, melt together peanut butter and jam over low heat; remove from heat. Add pork and toss to coat.
- In a large resealable bag, combine coconut, cracker crumbs, curry powder, ginger and pepper; shake well to blend. Add pork to bag, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat.*
- Place pork in prepared pan and bake 8 minutes. Turn and bake 8 minutes more, until coconut is nicely toasted.
- Serve with hot rice or couscous and chutney, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
*Can also put coconut/crumb mixture in a large shallow dish and turn pieces of pork to coat.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 440 calories Protein 29 grams Fat 21 grams Sodium 260 milligrams Cholesterol 60 milligrams Saturated Fat 11 grams Carbohydrates 35 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.