Lemon Pork Chops
Sweet and tangy, this quick-braised dish goes well with jasmine rice and a tossed salad.
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 lemon slices
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with a little olive oil and brown chops on each side; remove chops from pan.
- Melt butter in skillet; stir in brown sugar, lemon juice, mustard and pepper. Add pork chops, turning to coat with lemon mixture. Place a lemon slice on top of each chop.
- Cover tightly; cook over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until chops are just done. Remove chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine chicken broth, cornstarch and lemon peel; stir into mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Spoon lemon sauce over chops.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 269 calories Protein 24 grams Fat 11 grams Sodium 191 milligrams Cholesterol 76 milligrams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.