Orange Coconut Chops
Grilled chops are basted with the same flavorful coconut-orange mixture in which the spinach braises. Serve with hot cooked rice.
4 pork chops, 1-inch thick
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned, stems removed, coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Place coconut and orange juice in blender or food processor. Blend until nearly smooth. Strain, pressing liquid from solids; discard solids. Add salt and hot pepper sauce to orange juice mixture; divide in half and reserve.
- Prepare medium-hot coals in covered kettle style grill.
- Meanwhile place spinach in large skillet; drizzle with half of orange juice mixture; cover and simmer 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Set aside and keep warm.
- Grill chops for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once and basting with remaining half of orange juice mixture.
- Divide steamed spinach among 4 plates; top each with a chop and garnish with toasted coconut.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.