Need a meal in a flash? Have all the ingredients ready before you start to cook, and this dish comes together quickly. Serve over hot rice or crunchy Chinese noodles.
1 pound pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided use
2 large carrots, peeled and slice diagonally
2 stalks celery, peeled and sliced diagonally
1/2 cup cashews
- Cut pork tenderloin into thin strips. Set aside.
- Combine next six ingredients, stirring well.
- Heat one teaspoon oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and celery, stir-frying about 3 minutes. Remove vegetables, set aside.
- Pour remaining oil into skillet. Add pork, stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Return vegetables to pan, add orange juice mixture and cashews. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat, until thickened.
- Serve over hot rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.