Pears and Ribs in Honey Sauce
Baked pork spareribs in a curried honey sauce with tender pears and sweet bell pepper.
3 pounds pork spareribs
4 pears, peeled, cored and halved
4 carrots, peeled chopped
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place pork spareribs in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered for 1 hour; drain.
- Arrange pears and carrots around the spareribs.
- In a bowl combine honey, lemon juice, curry, pepper and salt; pour over the meat, pears and carrots.
- Bake, covered, at 325°F (190°C) 50 minutes.
- Add green bell pepper and bake an additional 10 minutes. Arrange the ribs, pears and vegetables on a serving platter; keep warm.
- Pour the cooking drippings into a saucepan. In a bowl combine cornstarch and water; stir into the cooking liquid. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve over the ribs.
Makes 4 servings.