Peppered Rack of Pork
This elegant roast is the perfect centerpiece for a holiday dinner. Serve with broccoli spears with lemon butter, scalloped potatoes, baked tomatoes stuffed with corn and warm dinner rolls.
3 to 4 pound pork rib roast, with at least 6 ribs, chine bone cracked
1/4 cup pepper-blend seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Trim rib bones of roast of all extra meat (this is called "Frenching"; you can do it yourself or ask the butcher to do it for you).
- Coat roast on all surfaces with pepper seasoning. Place roast, bones up, in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until internal temperature (measured with a meat thermometer) reads 155°F (approximately 65°C).
- Remove roast from oven; let rest until temperature reaches 160°F (70°C), about 10 minutes. Cut between rib bones to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 270 calories Protein 34 grams Fat 13 grams Sodium 1000 milligrams Cholesterol 85 milligrams Saturated Fat 5 grams Carbohydrates 2 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.