Pork and Penne Pasta Skillet Supper
A simple casserole-type dish with some different flavors to surprise your family with. Serve with a fresh fruit salad and warm dinner rolls.
1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork and onions 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth; heat to boiling, stir in pasta, return to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 8 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, cherries, orange zest, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered 3 to 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and pasta is al dente.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into skillet mixture. Bring to boil; boil and stir one minute.
- Sprinkle pine nuts over top. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.