Pork Chops a la Capers
Pungent capers give the lemon cream sauce a flavorful kick. Serve with angel hair pasta and glazed carrots.
6 pork loin chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup sliced leeks
1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups baby carrots, cooked, drained
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons capers
- Brown pork chops in oil in nonstick skillet.
- Stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, leeks, thyme, lemon peel and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until pork chops are tender. Place pork chops on serving platter; keep warm.
- Add carrots and mushrooms to skillet; simmer 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir combined cornstarch and whipping cream into pan liquid. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in capers.
- Serve sauce over pork chops.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.