Pork Chops and Rice
Pork chop and rice casserole made easy with mushroom soup.
2 1/4 cups water - divided use
2 teaspoons salt - divided use
1 cup uncooked rice
4 pork chops
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups of the water with half of the salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add rice, cover, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dust pork chops with flour and remaining half of salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown pork chops over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add mushroom soup and water to skillet. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a baking dish with rice; cover with pork chops and sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: To boost the nutrition of this tasty dish and make it a meal, throw a cup or two of frozen chopped spinach in with the rice while it's boiling.