Pork Chops in Dill-Sour Cream Sauce
Dill adds distinctive flavor to the sour cream sauce in this dish. Serve with hot buttered egg noodles and sautéed green beans.
6 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
2 teaspoons butter
Salt and pepper
1/2 dry white wine or chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Hot cooked fettucine (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet cook mushrooms and green onions in the butter over medium heat until tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In the same skillet brown chops on each side.
- Return mushrooms to skillet and add wine, dill, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover tightly; cook over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes until chops are just done. Remove chops from skillet, keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, water and flour. Stir into skillet; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Serve pork chops over fettucine, if desired, spooning sauce over chops.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.