Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing
A simple dish of baked pork chops with an easy apple stuffing.
1 (12-ounce) package STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine
1 small onion, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1 (8-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing mix
2 tablespoons raisins
3/4 cup hot water
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
6 (1-inch-thick) center-cut pork chops
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and celery, and sauté until tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in stuffing mix, apples, and raisins. Spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Stir together 3/4 cup water and bouillon granules, and pour evenly over stuffing mixture. Arrange pork chops on top, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until done.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.