Pork Medallions with Orange Sauce
This simple, yet elegant dish will impress your dinner guests.
1 tablespoon peppercorns
1 cup water
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon dillweed, crushed
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup frozen concentrated orange juice, thawed and undiluted
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
- Soak peppercorns in water for 30 minutes, drain.
- Cut each tenderloin crosswise into six 1-inch thick slices. With a meat mallet or cleaver, pound each slice to 1/2-inch thickness. Season with salt, pepper, dillweed and thyme, lightly dredge in flour.
- In a large skillet cook pork medallions in hot butter over medium heat about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove pork to a warm platter. Keep warm.
- To the skillet drippings add the frozen concentrated orange juice, Dijon mustard, honey and the soaked peppercorns. Bring to boiling, scraping up any browned bits in skillet
- Serve medallions drizzled with the orange peppercorn sauce.
Makes 6 servings.